Thursday, July 28, 2011

Apart from What Parts


“I don’t want a single sound,”
She said.
Arms crossed underneath the banging machine.
“Just give me something natural, you know, pound for pound.”
“Something away from these hunched over fiends,”
“who scrape in the dark.”
“Feeding on wires with blinded remarks.”

“I just want a single world,”
She said.
Her thoughts thought through, nice and thorough.
“A place where a girl can be one girl.”
“Removed from things that keep my imagination burrowed.”
“A life that never has to part.”
“A place where I don’t have to stop and start.”

“I could take a single moment,”
She said.
Under the light diffused by all these things.
“You know, the simple stuff.”
“The pleasure that doesn’t need to build wings,”
“to reach something that could be enough.”
“Something unrefined, not manufactured, something rough.”

No comments:

Post a Comment